Naming your business is essential.
Your business name should have high impact and represent yourbusiness well.
The name of your business is part of your marketing strategy. Preferably, your business name and website domain name should be the same.
After you decide on a business name and domain name, you should perform a search at the UnitedStates Patent and Trademark Office website located: http://www.uspto.gov/web/trademarks/workflow/start.htm to make sure no other businesses are using the same or similar business name.
*Just because the domain name is unregistered, the company name may be taken.
Registering a domain name of a company who owns the trademark could result in litigation against you. You could be forced to give up your domain name as well as pay fines.
Here are some quick tips to remember:
- Make it memorable
- It should be easy to remember
- Make it unique
- Keep it short
- Easy to pronounce
- Easy to spell
- Consider your target market
- Consider your business image
- Don’t limit yourself
- Choose a name that will grow as your business grows
- Make sure it speaks well, writes well and looks good as a domain name.
- Have a brainstorming session to come up with a list of words associated with yourbusiness.
- See what names are working for your competitors